I hope Timbaland is working on a Super Bowl Shuffle remix, because the Chicago Bears have officially entrusted their offense into the hands of one Kyle Raymond Orton. Now the only thing missing is an offensive line, running back and wide receivers. (Fortunately the Bears should have three solid tight ends).
Now all it takes is an injury to Jon Kitna for the Bears to have the most proven quarterback in the NFC North. Looks like wild card spots are going to be tough to come by for teams in the other divisions.
But since we love KO so much around here, we can’t leave without sending you to links of other material related to the greatest Bears gunslinger since Peter Tom Willis.
- For instance, this interview with Mrs. Orton (his wife, not his mom) found at Busted Coverage. Why KO ever gave up his successful bachelor life, I do not know. Especially since it appears that his wife may be missing a tooth. But we’re thinking it will make him more focused behind center, which will be vital when he has 1.3 seconds in the pocket this season.
- The Chicago Tribune’s Dan Pompei thinks Orton could be better than Aaron Rodgers. (Take that cheeseheads!) Oh, and both are definitely better than Alex Smith.
- If you think Kyle Orton should shave his beard, you can sign a petition here. But if you think that, you probably sacrifice goats too.
- We once dedicated a sweet photo montage to KO, which you should look at again.
- And in another “in case you missed it,” this was the scene when Lovie Smith handed KO the starting role as a temp position at the end of last season.