Well, that didn’t take long.
Just two days after THE WORST CALL EVER that left the NFL sheepish in Seattle, the real referees will back on the field this weekend starting with tonight’s game between the Ravens and Browns. (This is believed to be the first time in league history where the officiating crew is more competent than one of the teams playing. Or at least the first time since the Lions went 0-16).
The amazingly quick turnaround got me thinking — if we the people can unite to create enough of an uproar to make the NFL cave and bring back real referees, what else are we capable of doing?
Here is a short list of things I’d like to see everybody get behind so we can make it come to fruition. Trust me, people, it can happen if we raise enough of a ruckus!
- A college football playoff. Wait, we’re getting that too? Holy crap! The people are a powerful force.
- The elimination of Lil Wayne’s musical career.
- A resolution to the NHL lockout.
- The removal of Bud Selig as Major League Baseball commissioner. Wait… he’s the most likable commissioner currently in pro sports? Shit.
- Elimination of the designated hitter.
- Castration of anyone who has “truck nuts” attached to their pickup truck tow hitch.
- Elimination of the McRib.
- Restoration of college athletic conferences based on geography.
- Retirement of the Geico caveman.
- No more penalties for touchdown dances. In fact, touchdown dances may now be used in lieu of kicking an extra point.
- Universal acknowledgment that Rocky V never happened.
- Decaf coffee and non-alcoholic beer. I mean, c’mon.