With the NBA’s Western Conference Finals tied at 2-2 and the venom between the Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers reaching a new high point everyone seems to have a take on this matchup. While it’s easy to hate the Lakers, the Nuggets could be giving the Lake Show a run for its money this postseason.
In fact, there are plenty of reasons to hate the Nuggets. Just ask Mark Cuban.
Off the top of our heads we can reel off a few for you right now.
1. Dahntay Jones. Exhibit One.
2. Kenyon Martin. You really need an explanation? OK, go here.
3. J.R. Smith’s preening reactions after every basket. Look, J.R. I know you’re excited but act like you’ve been there before. Your post bucket celebrations are more ridiculous than the “handicapped” kid who scores his first basket for a middle school team at the end of a blowout.
4. Linas Kleiza. Anytime I can – with a straight face – refer to someone as “a poor man’s Vladimir Radmanovic” there’s a problem.
5. Chris “The Birdman” Andersen’s hair. Love his energy and the way he plays the game, but this is getting ridiculous.
6. Dahntay Jones. Exhibit Two.
7. The fact that Kenyon Martin is making $14.4 million this year. What does $14.4 million get you these days? How about 11.7 points and 6.0 rebounds per game. Christ, he’s making $21,000 more than Carmelo Anthony for the season. He should be forced to give a portion of that money back.
8. There’s always this to go back to.
10. J.R. Smith is a cheap-shotting punk.
11. The way Dahntay Jones spells his name. It’s supposed to be Dante. I’d even accept Donte.
12. Kenyon Martin’s lips tattoo. Might be the worst body ink I’ve ever seen. Outside of the UFC, of course.
13. George Karl’s lazy Phil Jackson impersonation. George’s postgame press conferences are about as interesting as ESPN’s early morning programming. Come on George, give us something. Quit with the “I don’t know. What can I tell ya?” crap.
14. They disrespected the WWE’s fans man. Who do they think they are?
15. Did I mention that J.R. Smith is a punk?
16. The franchise’s ineptitude forced The Baker to turn in his old-school Dikembe Mutombo jersey and choose another team to love. Then, the Nuggets promptly reached the Western Conference Finals. Whoops.
17. Nene. Dude, your last name is Hilario. You are neither good enough, nor famous enough to warrant first name/nickname-on-your-jersey status. Kobe and LeBron use Bryant and James respectively, therefore, you have to use Hilario. End of discussion.
So there’s 17 reasons and that’s just off the top of my head and we’re not even through game five of this series.