While the summer is great and all, it kind of sucks on the sports front. Everything slows down to a crawl with the lengthy basketball playoffs and the slow-paced trudge that are the dog days of the baseball season. But just around the bend is what likely comprises the greatest flurry of athletic activity on the calendar. Outside of March Madness, the start of the Fall season is the best time to be a sports fan. Hell, it’s just a great time to be alive.
Here are 40 things we’re looking forward to this Fall.
1. We now have an excuse to avoid significant others for 12 hours (even longer if you stay up for Hawaii’s game).
2. No more of the joke that is pre-season football.
4. The palpable sexual tension between Pam Ward and every female sideline reporter.
5. LaDainian Tomlinson’s ball flip.
6. The return of “Life” on NBC.
8. The Padres season ending.
9. SEC Poon.
10. Spending three hours watching Florida games to see if Urban Meyer ever actually cracks a smile.
11. Listening to Notre Dame fans sell themselves on their program.
13. Blue Astroturf.
14. Ray Lewis’ intensity.
15. Every Day Should Be Saturday’s Ron Zook impression.
16. Seeing the Old Oaken Bucket in its rightful place.
17. The palpable sexual tension between Pam Ward and Deadspin readers.
18. More Kyle Orton.
19. Less Richie Sexson.
20. The possibility of watching the Tampa Bay Rays in the playoffs.
21. Tebow being Tebow.
22. The inevitability of Aaron Rodgers’ every throw being questioned, second guessed and dissected.
23. Watching Ohio State build it’s BCS resume before the all-too-inevitable, horrible collapse.
24. Another year without an NFL team in Los Angeles.
26. Listening to ABC employees act as BCS apologists and discuss how it makes the regular season “more important” and “more exciting.”
27. Bears fans falling in and out of love with their team all over again.
28. Seeing Favre throw his first ill-advised pass that turns into an INT, as a Jet.
29. Lee Corso making his mascot head picks.
30. Midnight Madness.
31. Two words: Ocho, Cinco.
34. Matt Millen destroying the city of Detriot one Sunday at a time.
35. Basketball in Maui.
36. Halloween being the greatest night of the year if you’re a guy at a party. Keep it up with the outfits ladies.
37. Song girls.
38. The start of Pacman-ia in Dallas. Personally I can’t wait for every single time that mess is mentioned.
39. The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party Florida vs. Georgia in Jacksonville.
40. Lou Holtz’s hilarious incompetenthhh.
Have anything to add?