So this weekend there was a much-publicized postgame fracas following No. 1 Memphis’ 79-78 win over UAB. Above is one of the greatest action shots of a postgame fracas I’ve ever seen (sorry I really like the term “postgame fracas”). We love this picture for so many reasons, we thought we’d list a few. Note: you may have to click on and open the photo to behold it in all of its glory. That’s the biggest blogger would let us make it.
-You have to love the big “We beat Mempis not our girls!” sign. This, of course, is a reference to Memphis player Robert Dozier’s recent legal difficulties. Note to UAB fans: It’s a funny sign, but in the future, you might want to do some spell checking. Either go with Memphis, or Mempiss, but not something in between.
-Continuing with the physical abuse theme, we love the girl in the front row with the “I dated Dozier” shirt and a black eye. Bravo young lady.
-Then there’s the guy on the right in an orange vest getting slapped in the face by an unidentified Memphis player.
-Middle finger count: 13
-Cell phone camera count: 4
-Flying pompom count: 5
-Attractive female count: 2
-Angry white guy count: 60 (approx.)
-Guys in collared shirts and ties: 3
-Lime green shirts: 1
At this point we’d like to turn this into an interactive exercise. Something like a cross between “Where’s Waldo” and the back of Highlights magazine. Click on the photo to expand it and see if you can find some of the things we spotted. And if you notice anything we didn’t catch, feel free to add them in the comment section.
Here’s your checklist:
1. A Che Guevara lookalike biting his fingernails.
2. A really angry guy in a red/orange hat about to do something that will surely lead to him getting his ass kicked by a much larger man.
3. A guy in a yellow afro wig.
4. The 10 painted faces.
5. A d-bag wearing a pink shirt.
6. A cop with a “bitch please” look on her face.
7. An Asian guy who apparently finds something to his right FAR more interesting than a huge fight.
8. A guy in a suit.
9. Guy in a white shirt and a grey hat who someone tells me looks like one of the brothers from Good Charlotte. Are they even a band anymore? Because that would help explain why he was there.
10. Three examples of Bama Bangs.
You guys have fun with that. Let us know how you did.